It’s that time of year again, New Year Resolutions!! We all think about them, some of us act on them, but who truly sticks to them?
This year, do yourself a favor- read through this list of categories, books and tips.
Evaluate what’s important to you. Get a large poster board or white board and write down your yearly resolutions on a sticky note – make them stick.
Once the goal is completed, tear it down and focus on another one! You can color code these in order of importance.
Here are a few of my categories (with books and ideas) for MY life changes: You, Creativity, Daily Walk, Bucket List, Travel, Home, Quotes, and Exercise
Top Twenty Tips For YOU
Don’t sweat the small stuff… and it’s all small stuff! Consider reading “Simple ways to keep the little things from taking over your life” by Richard Carlson PH.D. (100 stress reducing strategies to live happier, calmer, deeper lives)
- Let go of perfectionism
- Be Compassionate
- Be in the Present Moment
- Have Patience
- Future thinking
- Be Bored
- Write Letters
- Be Thankful
- Talk to a Stranger
- Quiet time am
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Show Love
- Have Humility
- Relax more
- Learn daily
- Be Flexible
- Search for Happiness
- Try Yoga
- Be an Early riser
“A Daily Creative Journal 365- Make something everyday and change your life!” by Noah Scalin- personal journey on growth and discovery
“The Little Spark- 30 ways to Ignite Your Creativity” by Carrie Bloomston
These books will help you get to know yourself and your desires by: reevaluating time, getting messy, finding inspiration, creating a vision board, conquering fear, making a soulbox. Etc.
DAILY WALK WITH CHRIST BOOKS
Jesus Calling Series by Sarah Young- practical, biblical wisdom for everyday life
Live Like a Jesus Freak: Spend Today as if it Were Your Last by DC talk — Put your faith to work, deepen your life, sustain your passion
BUCKET LIST BOOKS
“Make your own Bucket List- how to design yours before you kick it” by Andrew Gall
This book features tips on what to do before your life ends- stranger favors, make own family recipe, epic trip with relative, conquer biggest fear, drive cross country…
This easy to read book captures places to travel with your kids.
Here are a few that are on my family’s bucket list:
- Washington DC- monuments, white house
- Birmingham, Alabama- trail of Civil rights
- Manhattan, New York- Statue of Liberty
- Gettysburg, Virginia- Civil War battle site
- Boundary waters, Minnesota- solitude and self
- Grand Canyon, Arizona- larger than life!
- Mississippi River, MS- Mark Twain travels
- Mount Rushmore, South Dakota- Presidents
HOME – You and Your Family
“Happier at Home…Experiments in the practice of Everyday Life” by Gretchen Rubin
This book changed my life- it takes you month by month and has you look at: Possessions, marriage, parenthood, inner being, time, body, family, neighbors, and now…
“Simplify. Ten practices to unclutter your soul” by Bill Hybels
Ten key practices (energy, schedule, finances, work, forgiveness, fears, relationships, God’s call, seasons, legacies) to help establish a focused, simplified, rewarding life for the long haul!
More on this to come!
QUOTE A DAY
Quotes that will change your life by Russ Kick
- “Every day of our lives we are on the verge of making those changes that would make all the difference.” Mignon McLaughlin
- “We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person” W. Somerset Maugham
- “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. “ Abraham Lincoln
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.” Henry David Thoreau
This practical book gives you ideas, deeds, and exercises to do your life over! More on this later on the blog!
New Year Family Fun! Top 10 things to do for a fun New Year Party!
- Toast with sparkling cider!
- Hats and horns!
- Glitter crafts!
- Inspiring collages!
- Watch the NYC ball drop!
- New Year resolutions!
- Dance Party!